If the customer perceives the quality, this occurs with customer satisfaction. This customer satisfaction means increased income. Although customers do not appear directly on the balance sheet of an institution, it is necessarily shown as an economic value. If customer satisfaction enters these accounting records, we can all better understand the current and future status of this organization. ”
Prof. Claes Fornell, University of Michigan
As Prof.Claes Fornell stated above, the success and failure of the organization is measured by how well it manages the customer satisfaction process.
In order for the business to survive, it is necessary to develop strategies for how to acquire new customers in order to further develop their business, as well as to listen to their customers well and ultimately retain existing customers.
The purpose of Customer Satisfaction Research; focusing on areas such as determining the services that customers are satisfied and not, researching their causes, and determining their expectations to improve service quality.
These surveys can be done in form or in store kiosks. Customers who conduct the surveys can be given gift points.
– General questionnaire,
– Service quality evaluation,
– Store evaluation,
– Product evaluation,
– Shopping evaluation, etc.
These surveys can be done in a way that the customers can fill out or the questions are filled by a staff member who is on duty. Our preference is that someone who is trained to do this job outside of the company or inside the company with civilian clothes will do more than the customer will fill.
Attention will be paid;
– The survey questions should be short, – The
information to be obtained from the survey questions should be available information, – The
survey questions should be understandable, – The
customer should know the customer relations well, – The
brief should explain why the survey was conducted (Our survey should determine the expectations of our customers, It was organized for the purpose of identifying the development points.)
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION SAMPLE SURVEY QUESTIONS
* How often do you shop from our store?
-Memory of the last
* Where you shop frequently?
* Why Choose Shopping Places Outside Our Store?
-Plenty variety -Service
* Reasons for not choosing our store?
-Expensive -Product type is insufficient -Clean – not hygienic -Service poor quality -I can not find contact. -Parking insufficient Employee had problems -Shelf – the price difference plug problem -Returns heard things -Olumsuz
* Reasons to choose our store?
-Part kinds of products
-Clean and hygiene
Employee’s attitude and service
* Are there any products sold in our store but not purchased?
Why is that ? ………………………………………………………………………………………
* Do you have any dissatisfaction with the products sold in our store?
What are they? ………………………………………………………………………………………
* Are you satisfied with the behavior of our store staff?
* If you are not satisfied, which department are you not satisfied with?
* Why aren’t you satisfied?
-Product information is insufficient -Not
* What are the types of products that you cannot find in our store and want to see?
* Do we have a store card?
* Do you have any information about the features of our store card?
* Could you share the services you desire or want to see with us so that we can serve you better in your next purchases?
* Do you live near our store?
HOW SHOULD A GOOD SINGER BE?
A GOOD SHARKER: A person who creates a sense of trust on customers with his clean and tidy appearance, increases the quality of his service with his smile, knows and promotes his products well, and keeps the order and cleanness of his workbench under constant control.
1. Behaves according to the company’s rules and principles.
2. When the service becomes the top of the department, they are ready to serve with a warm and sincere smile, ready to serve. The incoming customer welcomes you as “welcome”.
3. Pays attention to daily personal care.
a. The costume is clean and ironed.
b.Hair is well-groomed and has a daily shave.
It pays attention to nail and hand care.
4. He wears the outfit provided by the company, He wears his Apron, Cap, Plastic gloves and Name Badge.
5. Knows the products well and knows the properties well.
6. When the morning starts, the service reviews the department. It takes the deformed, up-to-date, color and odor-altered products from the aisles. It replaces new products.
7. At certain times, it displaces the products in the service aisle. Putting new products at the bottom, it provides the sale of old products (FIFO – First in, first out method)
8. Highlights discounted and promotional products at its counter and prepares necessary promotions (Poster, Labeling, etc.).
Makes the date checks and cleaning of the products in the 9th milk section as in the service department. Highlights historical new products and old products.
10. In the dairy section, it should be kept in front, and the distribution section of the customers should be corrected during the day.
11. It should keep the ice house clean and follow the return of the returns to the companies in order to prevent the accumulation of the returned products in the Ice House.
12. The products from companies should pay attention to SKT (Expiry date). It should not take unsuitable ones. At the same time, he should share the products he suspects about Color, Odor and quality with the store management and should not buy the products.
During the 13th day, the service should face the department and inspect the department through the eyes of the customer.
14. Continuously checks the price tags.
15. Learns the expectations of the customer well. He gives the product according to his request.
16. When required, strengthens the sales by ensuring that the customer tastes the product.
17. Be careful when weighing the product. It tries not to harm the customer and the company.
18. Pays attention to give the most waste while preparing the products.
19. It tracks the delicatessen stocks and does not work with excess stock.
20. It does not sell products by tracking them in the best way.
21. It prevents the deterioration of the products by constantly controlling the temperature of the service stand, milk bowl and freezer.
During the 22nd day (at least 7-8 times), it cleans the service bench glass and ensures it is clean.
23. It cleans the tools used by the service department (Knife, Colander, Scoop, Salami Machine, Bacon machine, etc.) and constantly controls its cleaning.
24.He performs general cleaning in the first week of every month. By cleaning the milk and service departments, it provides odor and longevity of the machines. (If it does, it will let the ice melt to avoid damaging the cooling system.)
25. If there are pests, flies and mice in the store, it will take precautions. Makes studies on food hygiene.
26.It ensures that the internal lights of the icehouses (Cold rooms) remain permanently off, except for use.
27. If there is no load on the store elevators, except for the maximum carrying capacity.
28. Checks whether the lamps in the working area (service counter, aisle, milk bowl etc.) are working. It reports the broken, flashing lights to the store management.
29. At the closing of the store, it closes the curtains carefully and slowly.
30. By visiting rival stores in the market, he gets new ideas. It shares this information with the Store management.
31. It should always be open to information.
BEAUTIFUL APPLICATIONS THAT DIFFERENTIATE – 1
Putting the store layouts on the customer shopping carts is a very nice application that allows the customers to navigate in the store more comfortably. It can be applied in supermarkets and hypermarkets with large square meters. I congratulate the first (I have seen) innovative real hypermarket that makes this application. If we come and see small computers there, I wouldn’t be surprised.
Such applications are used for advertising purposes abroad. It is a nice area to announce the campaigns and discounts made by the store.
STORE PERSONNEL PERFORMANCE CRITERIA
– PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE LEVEL: It refers to the level of professional knowledge required to fulfill the task.
Expected competence: The level of professional knowledge is excellent in all aspects. It can solve even the most complex situations without having to consult with the knowledge it has. He knows all the details about the requirements of his job at the highest level.
– JOB QUALITY: It refers to fulfilling the assigned duties at any time, accurately, completely and regularly.
Expected competence: Continuously completes tasks assigned perfectly, without errors and before the given time. The quality of the work is always excellent.
– CUSTOMER RELATIONS: It means to communicate positively with internal and external customers, to be related to their needs and questions, to direct them, to be problem solvers.
Expected competence: With its always smiling face and positive attitude, it is extremely successful in customer relations, it is highly sensitive to customer requests and problems. It offers superior quality customer service under all conditions.
– READING AND IMPLEMENTING IN-COMPANY ANNOUNCEMENTS: It means following the published announcements and fulfilling the related tasks in a timely and complete manner.
Expected competence: Follows the announcements regularly within the company, always concludes the works mentioned in the announcements with a perfect level.
– TOOL AND MATERIAL USE SKILL: It refers to the use of tools and equipment used in the store clean, tidy, attentive and in accordance with the rules.
Expected competence: Knowledge of all tools and equipment related to the task is superior. It always uses at the most effective level, with excellent efficiency.
– PROTECTING COMPANY BENEFITS: Refers to pay attention to measures that will prevent unnecessary consumption and theft that may occur within the store.
Expected competence: Take care of everything under its responsibility under all circumstances, protects the company’s benefits to the fullest. He is extraordinarily attentive to the use of resources. His attention is extremely clear.
– COMPLIANCE WITH CONTINUITY AND WORKING HOURS: It refers to attending to work and working hours, except for mandatory reasons.
Expected competence: Highly dependent on working hours and punctual. Continuity and attention to working hours are remarkable.
– OUTSIDE LOOKING AND CARE FOR HYGIENE: Being clean of work clothes in accordance with the company rules means taking care of hygiene and personal care.
Expected competence: Personal care and costume are always excellent. It always creates a respectable impression with its outer appearance. It shows extraordinary care in compliance with hygiene rules.
– TAKING RESPONSIBILITY: It refers to taking the duties and responsibilities willingly or to undertake and conclude the assigned tasks.
Expected competence: Always embraces its duties and responsibilities, wants to take on more responsibilities, and insists on expanding its area of responsibility, is selfless.
– COOPERATION AND COMPLIANCE: It expresses the harmony with employees at all levels in the store, the importance it shows in their attitude and behavior towards them, and their predisposition to teamwork.
Expected competence: Communicates perfectly with employees at all levels, always exhibits harmony and team spirit in all aspects in their attitude and behavior. He makes extraordinary efforts to combine his own efforts with others and achieve better results.
– COMMUNICATION: It is to express all kinds of information effectively and clearly in written or verbally at the most convenient time.
Expected competence: It always creates a very positive effect with its speeches, attitude and body language, always establishes moderate and compromising relationships. He always expresses his thoughts and understandings perfectly.
– CREATIVITY: Offering alternatives to make the job more efficient and effective means developing solutions.
Expected competence: Continuously improving the system in every subject, generates feasible solutions and contributes. It makes extraordinary efforts to improve performance with new systems and methods.
DANCE WITH THE CUSTOMER
During the sale, you are the only customer and you. There is only one music playing. Sales. I use the joke of our dance title with the customer to act with the customer during the sale. Because this joint action brings sales.
– You try to apply the same sales technique to every customer,
– You bombard the customer with information,
– Your body languages tell different things,
– Looking at it without the same level with the customer does not bring sales.
– You should act with the customer.
– Read the reactions of our customers during the sales meeting.
– It should be compatible with our client’s physiology, psychology and thinking system.
– You should mirror.
Mirroring: The words used by our client are the loudness, sound velocity, matching the body language elements and the ability to mirror these elements. In other words, it occurs when two people provide the same body language, same tone and speed. sales cannot occur without trust in sales. Customers often go to staff who look like them or shop from them. “I am just like you.” Send the message.
– You should give information according to the expectations of the customer and not repeat what the customer knows.
– Always keep your level with the customer. For example, we should not stand standing while the customer tries shoes, we should stand at the same level with him.
NOTE: We do the mirroring technique (NLP Mirror system) in our daily lives without realizing it. The thing to be careful about here should not be at a level to disturb this customer.
DISPLAY TYPES (DISPLAY VARIATION)
– HEAD OF REYON: These are the most important and most remarkable parts of the store. These sections are rented to companies for a share of participation or we can display the products we want to increase their sales in this section. For this reason, we should be careful not to over-stock. On the top and bottom shelves, we only need to make a front face and fill the middle shelves with products. It is useful to use the display materials next to these departments.
In a recent application in hypermarkets, the bottom of the aisles was extended to make it more flashy. Purchasing points that will attract the attention of the customer have been created by displaying waterfalls and stacked masonry.
– PALET: These displays consist of bases made of wood or plastic. If it is to be considered in these exhibitions, it should also pay attention to the stock formation, if possible, the original parcels of the products up to a certain level should not be opened. The product display height should be around 1.25 (waist level). The bottom of the pallet should be covered with a promotional skirt or a discount lettering skirt. The product dimensions should be suitable for the pallet and should not overflow the pallet. The advantage is that, considering the relocation of the display, the products can easily be transported with the pallet truck.
– CONTAINER: It is used for the display of products that cannot be displayed in a row but have a high version. (Frying pan with promotional packaging, promotional Napkin, Ball, Pulses with promotional packaging, sugar, etc.)
– CART: They are adjustable display tools made of wire . It is the most preferred form of display. As it is adjustable, it is ensured that the product stays at the same level by putting as many products as you want and increasing it as the product is finished. It can be adjusted according to the product stock.
– GONDOL: The basket is a type of display that cannot be adjusted and its legs are fixed. It does not take much stock. It is used for displaying short-term and low-cost products.
– PODIUM: It is a new type of display. It is preferred because it is more visual. What is important to note is that these displays are not easily displaced. For this reason, long-lasting or especially seasonal products are displayed. Since their structure is very sensitive, attention should be paid to the product sequence and the podium should not be deformed.
– CASE FRONT BASKETS: Generally difficult to control products are put, Shaving blades, gums, batteries can be put. These displays are also usually put on products that complete shopping. In summer time, small ice cream is placed in beverage cabinets.
– COMPANY CABINETS AND STANDS: Firms sometimes use visually weighted cabinets and stands to display their own products, to advertise their brands and to increase the sales speed of the products. What is important to note here is that the cost-benefit analysis must be carried out before putting these display apparatuses into a lot of space and most of them working with electricity.
– PASTE DISPLAY : These are round display stands, generally used in display of drink and shampoo. They are preferred when they do not take up much space and are remarkable.
– WATERFALL DISPLAY : It is a form of display that starts slightly above the ground and climbs up step by step. It takes up a lot of space. However, it creates a sense of purchase because it is impressive in terms of appearance and in customers. It is preferred for products that are targeted to be sold in large quantities.
– PRAMIT DISPLAY : It is a display form created by arranging the products on top of each other after a certain elevation and arranging them in a pyramid shape. It is made in canned, oil, etc. products. (Preferred products are preferred because their tipping is low compared to other displays and attractive in appearance.
STORE MANAGER PERFORMANCE CRITERIA (MARKET MANAGER)
PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE LEVEL: It refers to the level of professional knowledge required for the task to be fulfilled, the knowledge of the products in the store, the vehicle used in the tool and the practices developed by the company.
– Having information about the product groups and sales levels in the store portfolio
– Ensuring that the inventory turnover rate is at the most appropriate rate by placing an adequate and timely order – Adequate
use in the equipment and technical equipment (computer, cash register, POS… etc.) used in the store and the level of knowledge.
knowledge of the organization, planning and displaying of all departments – Knowing and implementing the company’s goals, policies, rules
– Knowing about the new practices of the company, adopting the practices and realizing them within the targeted times.
– Intra-company announcements to follow regularly and provide as accurate and complete fulfillment of the relevant task
– in-store, environment, storage and supply to be eligible to the office of cleanliness and hygiene requirements
COMMERCIAL FOCUS: It means having awareness of earning and environmental competition, focusing on activities that will provide the highest return and new business opportunities.
– Using resources with maximum efficiency,
knowing store expense items, profitability points – Recognizing competitors,
keeping up to date information on their activities and using them to create commercial benefits – Regularly evaluating the sales reports, analysis of the store and generating ideas in line with them, seeing the opportunities and ratings
CUSTOMER FOCUS: Expresses the desire to know customers, meet their needs and help.
– Ensuring a positive communication with the customer, monitoring the quality of the service provided to the customer and working for the continuous improvement of the service quality
– Recognizing the customer structure of the store, changing the business priorities for changing customer needs and expectations, being prepared for developments
REPRESENTATION SKILL: It expresses the care shown by the company in accordance with the standards and the ability to represent the company against others.
– Paying attention to work clothes and personal care in accordance with the company rules
– Creating a careful, reliable and respected impression with the awareness of representing the company in their conversations and attitudes with customers, officials, operators and other company representatives.
COMMUNICATION: It means understanding the messages conveyed to him from internal and external sources and transferring these messages to the right person clearly and clearly at the right time using the right communication tools.
– Establishing positive relations and cooperation with other departments within the company –
Using a clear and clear language, handling all aspects in a systematic way while conveying a subject
– Understanding the feelings and thoughts of others without judging them, controlling their feelings, transferring their feelings and thoughts to the other party.
– Creating the necessary environment for their subordinates to express themselves, taking the necessary time to understand them
TEAM WORK: It means reaching common goals in cooperation with its employees. It is an effort to combine their own efforts with others and achieve better results.
Creating the necessary conditions for its team to work efficiently, being open to ideas from colleagues – Adopting the team by creating goals and objectives, ensuring their development
– Taking necessary measures to prevent any incompatibilities within the team, directing the team in this direction
MANAGERIAL SKILLS: It means using the skills such as motivating, delegating, coaching effectively, making decisions, prioritizing and being resistant to stress in order to achieve the targeted success.
– Motivating employees in line with their personality traits, making them feel strong and valuable
– Transferring responsibility, saving themselves from unnecessary jobs, thereby improving their skills and confidence in their subordinates
– Evaluating the performance of employees objectively, eliminating their shortcomings and weaknesses, supporting them to improve their existing skills
– Resilience against work stress caused by uncertainty, workload, intensive work tempo, time pressure, behaving objectively and controlledly
– Taking rational, realistic and meaningful decisions and taking responsibility for the decisions taken in order to reach the targets effectively and quickly.
– To be able to determine the priorities in the face of emergent or fast developing events, to adapt their plans according to the events that require priority
– To ensure that the required and desired reports are made correctly, regularly and on time for a healthy flow of information
– The company develops and implements alternatives other than traditional methods for solution, taking into account the values, limitations and resources of the company.
A GOOD STORE MANAGER ..
Store management is one of the most difficult tasks in the business life. He needs to have a lot of skills and knowledge as a business requirement. Of course, it should be able to use it positively for personal development in the experience it will gain over time.
A good store manager;
• Personnel Management
• Customer Management
• Sales Management should be able to do well.
In Personnel Management;
• Select appropriate personnel for the job,
• Always train them,
• Create team spirit,
• Ensure their motivation
• Distribute jobs fairly, • Control the work they do,
• Focus their staff on sales.
In Customer Management;
• Knowing the customer , • Knowing the
expectations of the customer,
• Developing projects that will increase customer satisfaction,
• Being close to the customers
• They should know their products well,
• They should be able to set targets , • They should
create display areas suitable for sales techniques,
• They should not sell,
• They should pay attention to damage, fire and destruction,
• Store Income – Can track their expenses,
Other features of the Market Manager;
– He should be a good listener, –
He should be able to manage his time well, –
He should have developed empathy skills , – He should be
creative and innovative, –
He should have representational skills, –
He should be able to take responsibility , – He
should know where and how to take initiative.
– He must be on the field at the head of his permanent team
. – He must know the company rules and regulations.
Extra features that should be in the Market Manager;
Do not say what these mean a store manager
– When it comes to the place, it must have technical information that can interfere with the technical problems of its store. (Information processing, Safes, etc.)
-Must have contact information with official institutions (Municipalities, etc.)
CUSTOMER LOYALTY CARD
Loyalty Card is a marketing tool that affects the shopping decision of the customer and stands out in the store choice. We mentioned the advantages for the retailer in previous issues.
In this article, we will talk about customer loyalty cards in terms of their functions.
Examples of the benefits that customer loyalty cards provide to customers;
– Instant discount,
– Points to customers for certain products
bought , – To give special gifts in exchange for the points they receive, – To give free products from the products in
exchange for the points they receive,
– To give a shopping check in exchange for the points they receive, – To give a newspaper in the morning in their purchases,
– To use the kiosk of the store,
– To give discounts from other contracted companies,
– To participate in the campaigns made by the store,
These cards can usually be obtained from stores in the condition of filling out the form and given anonymously. In some stores, after filling the form, it is sent to the customer’s address.
Why do customers prefer Customer Loyalty Cards;
– Instant discount at the cash register
– Earning a gift from shopping
– Receiving a daily newspaper
Store cards must be completed with store kiosks, customers should be able to see the points they have received and collected and informative practices should be made in the kiosks.
Some stores also issue customer loyalty cards to the 1st degree relatives of the customer.
With a new application, the stores shrinked their loyalty cards, removed them from the Customer’s wallet and made them attached to the key ring.