Every website needs a catchy name. In order to get these names, you first need to know how to get a domain name. Fortunately, the domain acquisition process has become quite simple today. You need to complete this process before opening a blog or website .
To purchase a domain, you must follow the steps below:
- Choose a trusted domain authority (like Hostinger).
- Domain query tool
- Search by searching your domain name.
- Choose the best option available.
- Complete your order and complete the domain registration.
- Confirm your new domain address.
By examining each of these steps in depth below, we will also offer some tips to make the whole process easier.
Psst! You can get a free domain by choosing one of the annual or longer website hosting plans. In this way, you can have all the components to open your website!
You can choose one of the following TLDs:
- 9 tips you should keep in mind before purchasing a domain
- How to Buy Domain (in 5 steps)
- Step 1 – Find Domain Query Tool
- Step 2 – Search Domain
- Step 3 – Domain Acquisition
- Step 4 – Complete Domain Purchase
- Step 5 – Confirm New Domain Address
- Domain Name Price List
- More information
- Last word
9 tips you should keep in mind before purchasing a domain
Make sure you do a proper review before getting a domain name. After all, the name of your website will be the first thing your visitors will see. Here are some information you should keep in mind:
- Do your research. You should know well what your niche and average user might want. By mastering popular keywords and search terms, you can find a domain name that will best represent your project.
- Choose something memorable and easy to remember. Do not choose a name that is absurdly long or difficult to read. Memorable and short domain names will make it easier for your visitors to remember your site.
- Select the .com extension if possible. For now, the .com extension is in a strong position and is the most widely used extension. Also, this should be your first priority as most users can easily remember it.
- Check trademark or patent infringements. Pay attention to legal situations, for example, do not buy a domain name similar to popular and well-established brands.
- Avoid numbers and dashes. Although you can create different types of domains with numbers and dashes, they can sometimes cause more harm than good. For example, people can confuse the zero with the number (0), the letter (o), or the two with the number (2) and the two with the text. For this reason, it may be a good idea to avoid numbers and hyphens.
- Check out the nearby alternatives. If you already have a domain name in mind, make sure that all potential traffic reaches you by trying the different variants possible. A good example would be amzon.com referring you to the Amazon website or fb.com referring directly to Facebook.
- Search social media platforms. Once you have a rough idea of the domain name, do research on popular social media platforms like Twitter, YouTube, Instagram or Facebook. Even if you are not going to do business with these platforms at the beginning, you can prevent someone else from acting before you by separating the page of your project.
- Think for the future. Websites and domain addresses are long-term investments . For this reason, shaping the name is one of the most important points and thinking about the future is useful at this point.
- Discuss your ideas. If choosing the right name for your website seems like the hardest choice in your life, perhaps you need some help. Present your ideas to your friends, family, co-workers. Who knows, maybe the gold advice you are looking for will be here.
How to Buy Domain (in 5 steps)
Now that you know how to choose a proper domain name, we can move on to how to buy a domain.
To get your domain name to your website, you must find an ICANN official registration center (like us). The registration fee can range from $ 0.99 to $ 92.99 depending on the domain extension you choose.
You can see the domain purchase in detail in the following 5 steps.
Step 1 – Find Domain Query Tool
The adventure of getting a domain name starts with checking the availability of the domain name first. Hostinger has a perfect domain query tool for this job .
Step 2 – Search Domain
Now enter the desired domain name in the search box and browse the results. Domain query tool will prepare a page with a list of names you can register.
Step 3 – Domain Acquisition
Once you find a name you like, click the Add to Cart button.
If you are not looking for more varieties, complete your order and choose the payment method to finish the process.
Step 4 – Complete Domain Purchase
As you complete the domain payment, you will be directed to the control panel. Here you will find a setup box to complete domain name registration.
Be sure to enter the correct information in all fields because they will be registered in the domain ownership database called WHOIS.
After submitting your information, the domain registration will be processed and you will only need to take one more step.
Step 5 – Confirm New Domain Address
In the last step of our adventure, you need to confirm your new domain address via the email address you used during registration. Usually, domain setup is completed within a few minutes.
If the installation is not completed, you can send your request again from the control panel. Our advice is to do this as soon as possible because if you wait 15 days or more, your registration may be temporarily suspended.
Congratulations! Now you know how to create a domain and start registration.
Domain Name Price List
|Domain extension||Registration fee (12 months)||Renewal costs (12 months)|
|.with||$ 8.99||$ 10.99|
|.xyz||$ 0.99||$ 11.99|
|.online||$ 0.99||$ 19.99|
|.store||$ 0.99||$ 19.99|
|.tech||$ 0.99||$ 19.99|
|.website||$ 0.99||$ 19.99|
|.space||$ 0.99||$ 19.99|
|.site||$ 0.99||$ 19.99|
|.us||$ 8.99||$ 8.99|
|.co.uk||5:50 $||$ 6.99|
|.net||$ 9.99||$ 10.99|
|.in||$ 7.99||$ 7.99|
|.org||$ 11.99||$ 12.99|
|.we||$ 11.99||$ 12.99|
|.NL||$ 4.99||$ 4.99|
|.ru||$ 2.99||$ 2.99|
|.from||$ 5.99||$ 4.99|
|.me||$ 2.99||$ 5.99|
|.lt||$ 11.99||$ 11.99|
|.cat||$ 8.99||$ 22.99|
|.cc||$ 10.99||$ 10.99|
|.the||$ 31.99||$ 31.99|
|.fm||$ 80.99||$ 80.99|
|.xxx||$ 84.99||$ 84.99|
Want to learn more about domain names and website building? You can browse the following resources:
- What is Domain Name? Information for Beginners
- What is Web Hosting? Short Review
- Choosing the Best Platform for Your Blog Site
In this guide, we learned how to buy a domain name through Hostinger. Buying a domain is the easy part. The hard part is finding the right domain extension by thinking of a good name. Once all is done, your adventure to set up a website will begin!
We hope that the points we mentioned in the guide have made this process a little easier for you. If you have any questions, you can send them to us in the comments section below!